Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why I love Easter

Seriously? Easter Sunday has got to be one of my very favoritist holidays of all time!!!

First an foremost.... because we celebrate a resurrected Savior. Words could never do justice to the feelings in my heart for the Lord Jesus Christ, for His tremendous suffering and unending love for all mankind. Truly, there has never been a better reason to celebrate.


Second, somehow in the pagan/worldy Spring celebrations, chocolate got thrown into the mix. Just so we are all very clear- Here are my top 5 eternal loves:
1. Jesus Christ
2. My husband

3. My children

4. My parents and siblings

5. Chocolate


Note: Easter includes ALL of these!!! It really doesn't get any better than this.


Third, you go to bed Saturday night and wake up Sunday morning to a basket full of perfect Spring presents and more chocolate!





Lastly, I love dressing up all my beautiful living dolls, doing their hair and showing them off to the world. The dresses, the gloves, the dainty pocketbooks, the lace and ribbons.... just brings a tear to your eye and sends your heart soaring, doesn't it? God truly knew what He was doing when he sent us girls- can't say it enough.











7 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Oh, the girls look so beautiful and grown up! By the way, your Easter bunny is better than ours. : ) I want a basket like that!

Jen said...

They look beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

i think Jocelyn's eyes are closed. Janet=-P

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Janet looks gorgeous!!! I'm with Kelli! send your Easter bunny our way!

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

your kids look adorable! it was fun seeing you when we were shopping!

Janet said...

Oh my gosh!!! these girls are getting soooo beautiful!!! The dresses match each ones personality to a "T" It makes me miss you all the more.
Mum

Michelle said...

Look at your adorable girls! I don't know about the matching when they can each have their own unique style. Their dresses are beautiful! I love the red hair! Where does it come from? So pretty.