Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Field Trips

Last Friday Jolie and I accompanied Jennifer's school class to the Phoenix Zoo. The teachers really deserve a huge pat on the back for doing this just right. Kids get divided up among parent volunteers and they each venture out on their own to explore.

This year there were SOOO many parents that each of us were only assigned 2 kids! The kids each got to pick a friend in class that they wanted to spend the day with. Jennifer is lucky enough to have lots of friends in her class- most of which are girls. Strangely enough, her classroom this year only had a handful of boys.




Out of all those friends, Jen chose Dryden- one of the boys. Can you blame her? Look how adorable he is...




And well behaved, polite, friendly, and able to tame wildebeests with his quiet gentle wildebeest whispering ways.


We teamed up with a few parent friends and ended up with a group of 7 kids ( including Jolie) and 3 adults.


JC and her mom Stacey (my fellow PTO veteran) with Alejandra, Taylor and her Aunt Merlene ( who has lived down the street from us forever and I never knew what an amazing woman she is till just recently) with Rachael, and Jen, Jolie and I.



Perhaps we just got lucky... but we had an AWESOME group. The only downer was poor Jolie who decided 3/4 of the way through the zoo that her feet had walked far enough. ( Picture whining, crying, pouting, stomping, complaining, etc..... )


Too bad this guy wasn't around to give us a lift back to the car!





What would it be like to wander around an enclosure all day with strangers running after you just so they can brush your hair? God bless the goats. They take it in stride to the delight of our little children.


Ps- funny little story here..... Jolie was calling the goats by name, much to the amazement of a nearby parent who asked " How does she know their names?"

"I speak animal" Jolie told her.

Turns out, the goats had collars on them with their names printed on them. Gotta love that little red head.

All in all a lovely day was had by all. We even got to see the ever elusive Cheetah.

Life is good.

3 comments:

kellibattraw said...

What fun! I love the zoo and field trips! : ) I wasn't aware that Jolie speaks animal- she really is amazing. : )

Carol said...

It was a beautiful day and the kids all had fun. What more could we ask for! I got to see the bear for the first time. He's always hiding.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I really do love that redhead!!!