First, take a jumbo marshmallow ( this represents Christ and his purity)
Dip it into melted butter ( to represent the anointing of Jesus' body with oils after death)

Next, dip the marshmallow into cinnamon sugar ( representing the spices placed on the body after death)

Then, place the marshmallow on the fat end of a Pillsbury Crescent roll and wrap tightly, making sure the marshmallow is sealed inside completely. ( this represents the wrapping of Christ's body after death)

Dip the entire sealed roll into melted butter, place in a muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 min. ( Represents placing the body of Christ in a sealed tomb).


Remove from oven and allow to cool
When the "tomb" is opened and the "wrapping" undone, the kids discover that "Jesus" is no longer there. He has risen.

I know, I know... the whole idea of a marshmallow Jesus is very, well, weird and somewhat irreverent. But, this isn't Sunday school... and somehow the kids figure it out just fine.
And, trust me... once you taste them, it doesn't seem too weird after all.



2 comments:
yum........ that is creative
I tried to describe this to the Elders, now I can show them just how it is done. Thanks for the lesson!!
MUM
Post a Comment