Thursday, January 8, 2009

Puppy Bliss

Yesterday after school Brooke called and asked if the kids would like to come over to see the new puppies. I no sooner had the question to the kids out of my mouth and they had shoes on and were running down the street!
When we arrived, Brooke and her crew were out on the lawn enjoying a nice, sunny, January afternoon. Fortunately, there were just enough puppies to go around. Janet, Aniston, Jocelyn and Grant ( Jo and I traded a few kids after school) grabbed Rudolph, Star, Tinsel and oh gosh! I forgot the last one's name and bonded immediately.

Grant spent the next 45 minutes trying to figure out a way that Brooke would let him take "his" puppy home: " I'll babysit for you." "I'll come do chores at your house" " I'll do anything for you". Who can blame him? This little guy apparently loves Grant.


Aniston was trying to bargain as well... " We can babysit Myles for you." "We'll clean your house" " We'll beg our parents"... seriously, these puppies have that effect on you.. they are so dang cute and they just burrow themselves into you and radiate.... LOVE.


Janet and Jocelyn clearly wanted one to take home as well ... we are currently undecided on the dog issue. Unlucky for them, this is the year I wanted fewer responsibilities. Who knows.... a few more visits might just win me over. It isn't so much how cute the puppies are but, the complete bliss on my kid's faces when they are holding and playing with them. I love that look!




And just in case you thought that cute puppies were all that Brooke was raising at her house, Check this little guy out. Myles ( or is it Miles?- sorry Brooke) definitely holds his own in the arena of cuteness.



Brooke- You are an amazing woman. You show a spiritual and emotional depth equal to someone far older than you. I have loved getting to know you. Thanks for sharing your adorable family with us.

4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

What no pictures of giant gentle Gino? Those puppies continue to get cuter! I would take one in a heart beat if I wasnt already burned out on my crazy dog

Jen said...

Sounds to me like one amazing family I know is getting closer to having a PUPPY of their own!!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

pu-ppies!! pu-ppies!!! Go for it!!!! Yay!!!!

Danneel said...

I say go for it - I have not had one regret getting Maggie this past year!