If you have ever lived in Arizona, you know that working outdoors is a tough gig. It's either too cold or way too hot with maybe a day or too of not so bad thrown in just to prevent us from moving.
My dad has worked outdoors here his entire life. The Carwash business doesn't lend itself to a whole lot of time spent indoors. Even on his days off and even though he has terrible allergies/hay fever, he spends alot of time outdoors at home too, making sure the lawns and gardens are well tended to.
He does such a great job that, when they were getting ready to leave on their mission, one of his neighbors dropped by to wish him well and said, " I have just one question, who is in charge of taking care of the lawn?" Because I happened to be there, I assured this good neighbor that we would do our part to keep up my dad's hard work.
So, after everyone left town after Christmas... we headed over to make dad (grandpa) proud. We figure he is getting his fair share of outdoor work shovelling snow every day.. it is the least we could do.

When we're helping we're happy

And we sing as we go

And we like to help grandpa

For we all love him so.

There you go dad... lawn mowed, leaves raked, bushes trimmed, weeds pulled, flower beds cleared, weed barriers put down, and weeds and random grass sprayed with weed/grass killer. Thanks to the Stevens, Dillards and Ayalas. We love you!!!



1 comment:
I'ts pretty bad that I cried over lawnwork being done. Can we say HORMONES!!!
Post a Comment