Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tell Me what you want..what you really really want

I love reading blogs! I love being able to catch up with friends at 1:00 am when I finally get to hang my hat up for the day.. I love learning things about them that they might never reveal in ordinary conversation... I love knowing that I have surrounded myself with some AMAZING people.
However, I have found that I have become quite the covetous person in the process. (Please use the following definition)
Covet Cov"et\ (k?v"?t), v 1. To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of; -- used in a good sense.

Here are a few reasons why:
Have you ever been inside this woman's house? Alison has got to be one of the best housekeepers on the planet. You could eat off her floors. No, really. Y'know those women they talk about at church whose kids always look perfect, house always looks perfect, car is always clean, church callings done weeks in advance, vacuums the house in heels and pearls? You just met her. Visit her blog HERE
Have you ever seen cuter chubs than this??? My incredibly blessed sister TAMMIE gets to love on this everyday!!


I was feeling rather proud of my garden but was quickly brought to the depths of humility after visiting BECKY's back yard this week. I left there greener than her amazingly huge tomato plants!!! What are you feeding those things??


Up until a few years ago, I knew Karen only as one of my best friend's sisters. When Kristi was very sick and dying, I got to see one of the most tremendous examples of love and compassion I think I will ever have the privilege of witnessing. I will never forget the day I went to visit and found Karen quietly lying on Kristi's bed stroking her arm and whispering comforting words to help ease Kristi's pain. Thanks Karen for letting me see a piece of Kristi in you!


For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to go to BYU Women's conference- Thanks Michelle for sharing some of that experience with me this year.Barbie- I lay awake at night wishing my pantry was this organized. Wait, I lay awake wishing I had a pantry, and that it was as organized as this.

I was born with the biggest case of wanderlust known to the human family... to be settled in one place nearly eats me alive. Melissa, if I thought you would not notice, I would zip myself inside your luggage and follow you to the amazing city of New York on your upcoming celebratory trip. JoDee.. I am still trying to figure a way to sneak in your house and steal those adorable vintage aprons you got for your birthday!

She probably does not want to hear this but..... Hanna, knowing you is like meeting your mom all over again. We had so much fun together as roommates in college. She has very clearly been an excellent mother to you and your siblings. I love seeing all the things I love about her surfacing in each of you. Your bubbly personality, outstanding acting skills, incredible sense of fashion and amazing figure are to die for!!

Niki... I want your kitchen sink. Bad. Really Bad. Really Really Bad.

Aaahhh... to have your very own wild blackberry bush right outside your front door just dripping with the most beautiful succulent treasures just waiting to be eaten, canned, made into melt-in-your mouth pies and tarts.... Katie, how do you stand it????

In Sunday School a few weeks ago, I taught a lesson on spiritual gifts.. each of us have at least one. Have you ever met someone with just about every spiritual gift that exists? I have. Her name is Nancie and when I grow up, I want to be just like her.

Lastly... and certainly not least... Susan, you bring out the pioneer woman in me. I literally drool over your homesteading skills (except castrating the pigs, after which viewing, I had to take a sedative and go to bed). If it ever comes to having to live solely off the land once again. I am packing my car and heading your way!!

God help me! I want it all. Someday I will figure it all out then.... Watch OUT!! I will be the most organized, compassionate, best dressed, physically fit, well-traveled, smartest, talented gardener and homesteader, spiritually gifted woman with the cutest kids, aprons and kitchen sink that you have ever met.

12 comments:

Janet said...

O, Michelle, you are an amazing woman and Dad and I are so proud of all the wonderful things you do!! I am sure you have a wish list, but there are some who wish they were like you and want some of the things you have. You continue to grow as you learn where Heavenly Father wants you to be. Know that your gifts are many!!
LUV
MUM

Karen said...

Wow that was so nice! Thanks for sharing that memory with me ... I still talk to her.

Jen said...

I remember that moment with Karen and Kristi. It was extraordinary. As are you.

MeL said...

Well why didn't you say so?! I've been looking for someone to come along with us so that we can have a little company on the trip! And since you weigh less than 50 pounds, you can surely hop right into my suitcase!

PBJ said...

Michelle,

You are all the things you want to be. I am jealous of everthing you do and are. I am so glad you and Marie were roommates it is nice watching your family grow.

PBJ said...

Michelle,

You are all the things you want to be. I am jealous of everthing you do and are. I am so glad you and Marie were roommates it is nice watching your family grow.

kellibattraw said...

If only you realized how many of us feel the same way about you! : )

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

AWW!!! That was so sweet of you to put me on your blog. You should have seen my Mom's expression when you said I had fashion style. She laughed even harder when she thought of her own fashion sense and great figure.LOL
Hanna

PS Too bad my figure is not like Hanna's - only in my dreams. You are the best. Heavenly Father blessed me with a great friend forever. Miss you!!

Marie

Barbie said...

I totally relate to coveting all that I see. Thanks for recognizing my pantry. It is the only organized place in my entire house. I may empty it and live there.

The Crider Clan said...

Michelle,

You are such an on-the-ball, beautiful, smart and organized, creative, and talented person...I really wish I were more like you!

Alison said...

What??? Are you kidding?! You can hire someone to clean your house! I want to be like you and know everything about gospel topics and have interesting and informative comments everywhere I go. That is something to covet!
You are too nice and way awesome!

Suz said...

I echo your mum... I lay awake loooong into the night and then dream during my R.E.M. of how to become a Lindblom... (Lady... you've got hair that puts one to shame...:) heheh...) and a laundry list of things about you that I'd sure love to do as good. Among them, smart (hahah inside joke ~ even though it's totally true), seriously incredible style. Amazing children... whom I totally love to death. Gospel knowledge to treasure, after all, its something you get to keep for forever, and your super fun, and really funny, and ever so awesome to be with. And absolutley talented... beyond! and devoted, true, an amazing cook, etc... and if you are wishing any of the things you posted in your blog you go right ahead and consider yourself having spent a month of sleepless nights into my head! Because you and I visit the same thoughts!
I sure love you.