


Remarkably, your mom was born with a gift called " the ability to multitask". This allows her to hand water all 7 garden beds while finishing up in the bedrooms. See how happy the plants look?

Then it is off to clean the bathrooms-wash mirrors, counters, shower & tub, toilet and sweep and mop floors.... All while irrigating five citrus trees in the backyard.



Somewhere in the midst of all that cleaning, your little sister who doesn't go to school yet , gets dressed, entertained, fed lunch, read to, completes some educational computer programs, plays 800 games on the Wii, and complains how bored she is ( unless of course her favorite boy is over to play that day!)
Just as mom steps out of the shower .. there is the school dismissal bell! Time to gather the family back together again. The next half hour is another frenzy of cousins, friends, talking about the school day, homework, after school snacks before you beg to jump in the pool because it is "so hot outside I think I am going to die"
Off you go to put on your brand new swimsuit , coming out to model it for everyone before christening it in the nice refreshing pool. 
Mom supervises the swim, drys & curls her hair, puts on her makeup and gets ready to greet Dad who walks through the door by mid afternoon.
Then it is kids out of the pool, showered, dressed, hair done and smelling good before mom heads to the kitchen to make dinner.
While dinner cooks, she hears about Dad's day, then frantically tries to finish this amazing book

Then, mom serves you dinner, sends you to the neighbor's with fresh rolls, and hurries everyone back to the school for your year-end orchestra concert.


Mom listens intently to your amazing progress this year while holding back the tears of joy for your accomplishments ( so she doesn't embarrass you in front of your friends' parents.)
Then, back home for dishes of ice cream all around, pajamas , teeth brushing , scripture reading, family prayers and tucking kids into bed.
Mom and Dad clean up the kitchen, sweep floors (again!) and sit down to relax.... I mean, mom updates her preparedness blog then heads off to bed to watch one of the many shows awaiting her attention on the DVR.
Too bad! Mom's bed is very comfortable and sleep wins over TV tonight.
Now, what was your question again?



6 comments:
I think all my children and possibly my husband should read this. Its all the little things that add up to take up all of my time! Oops I still have not yet showered...oh its only 2:00, still time.
Stop, you're making me tired! I loved the pictures of the girls with Dr. Johnson. Good concert too.
:) that made me smile :) your such a great mom Chelle :) & that dress Joc is wearing is super cute! You know, some mornings I feel like I do all that but the house dosn't look like I do all that!
welcome to the real world!! Hey, did Philip look at this?? He used to ask me what I had done all day--by the time he got home from school, I finally got to rest!! All in a days work, right??
MUM
You are amazing!!! Can you come to my house? Kari
Your home is immaculate. You iron clothes? I love the perspective you have given to the world. We need to remember how truly amazing we are.
Post a Comment