Hard to believe that it was 7 years ago that I crossed the street with Janet by the hand, Jocelyn on my hip to take Janet to her first day of Kindergarten. I should have known I was in for trouble when she said to me on that day, " Mom, don't walk beside me..... walk behind me."

I'm hoping she was just trying to demonstrate her Independence rather than making a statement about whether she wanted to be seen with me.
A week ago, she was promoted to Jr. High School..... her days at Hawthorne forever behind her.
We are so pleased with her many accomplishments both this year and the many years leading up to this point.
She loved her teacher, Mr. Ludwig. He pushed just the right amount to get her to work hard.

She has made some amazing friends, all of whom we love lots!
We left her promotion ceremony with a student council award, orchestra award, reading award and citizenship award. She has developed into a beautiful, bright, somewhat opinionated, hard-working, young woman.
Sniff Sniff....... our first baby grew up, under our very noses.



6 comments:
It is hard to believe!! Congrats to Janet for all the awards--Keep up the good work, girl!! And Mom, this is only the beginning!!
Gotta love it
Good job, Janet! We, too think Mr. Ludwig is a great teacher. Junior High will be a snap for you! All my kids have absolutely loved it. Cassidy is sad to be leaving it behind. Enjoy all the new adventures that are ahead of you!
Holy Cow! I can hardly handle these kids getting so old.
What an awesome girl! The step to junior high is even harder for me than the first day of kindergarten. I just read your last day of school saga. I'm glad I'm not the only mom who experiences that (over and over). Also I have always been loyal to our public school and anti-look-for something better, but now I'm not so sure. I'm looking at our options.
Ah... and to think you just birthed her! She is going to love Jr. high- I can't wait to hear all her stories! J we are proud of you!
AWESOME! Janet couldn't be any cuter... ANd I'm so excited for her adventures ahead.
Post a Comment