Thursday, May 21, 2009

By the Way.....

Me this morning at 6:45 am: "Hey, Jocelyn, are you ready for your last day of school?"


Jocelyn: " Um, yeah. Oh, by the way, I told my teacher you would bring root beer floats in today to celebrate my birthday ( she has a summer birthday)



Me: " 'member when I went to the grocery store last night and asked if anyone needed anything and you said no?"


Jocelyn: " I guess I forgot."


Great. Next.......


Jennifer: "Hey mom, you know that Autograph book you made for me?"


Me: "Yeah"


Jennifer: " My teacher really liked it. I told her you might make her one too."


Me: " You do know that today is the last day of school, right?"


Jennifer: "Yeah, so will you?"


Good times. Next........


Jocelyn: "hey mom, Noelle and Mary Lou are coming over after school today for a pool party."


Jen: "Taylor is coming too."


Me: " Do I even live in this house? Am I not the mother?"


Kids: Blank stare


to top it all off........


( 2 days ago) phone call from a friend


Friend: " the principal just announced to the teachers yesterday that all classes next year will be combo classes. First and second grades together, third and fourth together and fifth and sixth together... unless, of course you are in an ELD (English Language Development) class. Those classes will not be combined grade levels.


Me: "Are we still living in the United States of America?"


Friend: " Yeah."


Me: "just checkin'. Looks like it is time to pull that " I will never change schools solely because of demographics" speach out, sprinkle it with a little salt & pepper and EAT MY WORDS!!!!!!





By the way.......... I Quit!!!!!


6 comments:

Barbie said...

I get very annoyed when I am the last to know. As far as the school thing, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. I have been out of school so long that I can't think of any other words besides thing. I'm guessing you caved and fulfilled all those wishes. YOU ROCK!!!!!

Janet said...

Boy, do I remember those days!!!

kellibattraw said...

Now it's my turn to laugh because I'm not in that mommy stage yet. Just look at it this way, in 8 or so years from now you can get a kick out of me reporting similar stories. Thanks for the smiles.

Jamie & Aaron said...

How can the school do that? They obviously have enough students to just have single grade levels. If it makes you feel any better, I had friends in a 5/6 combo in elementary school and they turned out just fine.

Danneel said...

By the way I am going to come over for the pool party as well and I expect there to be rootbeer floats and cute books for all! Haha

Gilbert School Disrict has not combined grades but they are down sizing each grade level. My roommmate teaches 6th grade and is preparing for a class load of 40 next year! Time to build another prison!

PBJ said...

It is happening all over. Nm is putting more kids to a class from 3 4th grade into 2 fifth. Don't know what the higher ups think but not for the teachers.