Monday, November 10, 2008

Choosing the Right

So... it is the beginning of week 2 in the weight loss challenge. Everytime I wanted to eat something that I shouldn't , I thought of Nancie.. who always loses a ridiculously large amount of weight her first week on a diet. I could not risk lagging behind so, I did amazingly well.
Come to find out today, she didn't even START her diet this week. Hmm... looks like it's Jo and I neck and neck.

I can also thank my dear, newly injured, sister Wendi for keeping me focused. Time spent w/ her in the hospital was time spent away from the kitchen.

Most people focus on the positives of eating healthy... and I must say, I have felt much better this week than I have in a long time. My body appreciates the fact that I finally listened to what it NEEDED not what my mind was craving.
However, I still love FOOD... so, here's a peek at what I did NOT EAT this week that I really wanted to.

Pancakes, I love you.... someday when I am on maintenance, I will be with you again.

My days are now incomplete without Sonic happy hour. Cherry Vanilla Diet cokes are the elixir of the Gods.

Arizona Burritos as big as my head from Filibertos haunt my dreams.

Sometimes I go to the Safeway on Lindsay and University so I can drive by the Burger King and smell the onion rings. Doesn't everyone?

MMMMMMMMMM!!! , I mean, Yuck! Why would anyone choose to pollute their bodies with this stuff. Ahem, wish me luck this week.

4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Oh come on a few onion rings won't hurt you! (insert evil laugh here)

Janet said...

I wish, in a small way, that I had a scales to see just what the damage is--at doctor office I was just 5 pounds over premission weight. Not bad, considering--Good luck, I know you can do it, you have before.
Sister MUM

kellibattraw said...

You can do it Michelle! And you're right, your body feels so much better when you put good food into it! : )

Suz said...

Okay... Diets are fine until you break out the homemade guacamole and fresh salsa. However lame life is without these diabolical finger foods (although I eat the guac with a spoon and drink salsa out of a cup- chips are a garnish here...) I heard from my skinny sister-in-law that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels... Ya right!