About a year ago my mom found this amazing solar oven at a yard sale for me. She paid only $20 for this brand new oven worth $280. I was really excited when she brought it to me but, somehow put it away and forgot about it. Today was THE DAY I decided to try it out. As I read the instructions on the internet, I got really motivated about the solar cooking thing. So, I set the oven up to preheat outside and mixed up the bread dough and continued to read.

As the bread was rising, I read all about how environmentally responsible I was being for choosing this non-fuel consuming way to feed my family. I could hardly wait to see my beautiful loaves of golden brown bread. According to the website, you can use the oven just like you do the convential oven in your kitchen. Baking time should be the same. So, in went the bread...
Twenty minutes later, I went outside with my hot pads ready for some yummy sun baked bread. This is what I found instead
I decided to leave it in a bit longer hoping to salvage it somehow but... no luck. Here's what the inside of the oven looked like:

Somehow I have got to figure this thing out. Im sure the bread did not cook properly because as soon as I opened the door to put the bread in, the temperature dropped like 75 degrees over the next 5-10 min. Hmm.... time to problem solve. I'll let you know if I ever figure it out. Until then, I guess I will just keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment