Saturday, July 26, 2008

Almost Home

Friday we were up early again and on the road. We've had nothing but early mornings since we left home. Frankly, I'm looking forward to a nice long Sunday nap! Tonight we will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico then home tomorrow. Looks like we might be in for some thunderstorms between now and then.


We spent our last night on the road in Albuquerque. Thankfully it was a much shorter day on the road today. We are all tired and ready to be home. We stayed at a Super 8 hotel only because we were able to have a room with 3 queen beds- much to our surprise, Chino and I actually had our own bedroom. It was really nice to put a little distance between us and the children. We, of course, love them dearly. However, spending every waking moment with them for the past 2 weeks can try the patience a bit. We were able to put the kids to bed by 9 pm and have some nice quiet down time to ourselves. Everyone will definitely be the happier for it.

I'm looking forward to being in my own nice big bed, eating home cooked food, using the bathroom whenever we need to instead of racing kids to the potty as soon as the car stops, not living out of a suitcase and having the convenience of having everything we need readily accessible. As much as I love to travel, I love coming home as well. Only 6 hours of driving tomorrow and then Home Sweet Home.

No comments: