Thursday, May 22, 2008

Holy Zucchini

The Rumors are true. I purposely planted 4 zucchini plants in our gardent this year. For those of my siblings that remember the "year of the zucchini" at the LIndblom house where we ate zucchini pancakes, zucchini bread, fried zucchini, zucchini in our salad, zucchini casserole, and zucchini any other way it can possibly be prepared... Dad only planted 2 plants. So.... I figure we are in for a good summer with 4. Here are some pictures:




I swear these plants grow about 6 inches a day. They have literally taken over the back wall.

Here are 5..count them on only one plant. They almost look like a bunch of well spaced bananas.

I kept waiting for them to turn green but, turns out, I must have planted the golden girl variety. Who knew? Anyhoo. I picked this one for dinner tonight. Yum.

Someone remind me how excited I am about zucchini when I have them coming out of my ears!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I have a REALLY good recipe for zucchini relish that you can.If you want it just email me. MMMM...My great grandmother has passed it down. Any way It uses A LOT of zucchini. I do believe you'll be handing out a TON of it this summer.

kellibattraw said...

I wish we lived closer so we could share with you. Aaron didn't want to plant anything that grew on a vine.
: (

MeL said...

I know this is greedy of me, but can I have some? Zucchini is one of those things that I hate buying at the store because I know that somewhere someone has a bundle that they don't know what to do with! Soooo, that being said, if you have any extras, doubtful I know :), please pass it my way.