Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Strike up the Band!

Tonight we attended Carol's last band concert at Mountain View. Now, some of you may not know that band music is not necessarily my favorite. I prefer strings. However, we have always loved to support Carol in her musical talents. She plays the clarinet.

Well, may I just say that the wind ensemble was AMAZING!!!!! tonight. Truly an incredibly talented group. I was so impressed at their level of performance. It was difficult to believe this was a high school group.

Their last number was great. Alumni members, parents and city band members joined the band- only they played, standing from the rear of the auditorium. The result was tangible. The music surrounded the audience in a rich, warm, wonderful blanket of music . REally an amazing experience. Carol's dad Duane was invited to play his trombone and did a fabulous job- Go Duane!

1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

I love reading about your family adventures. Even though I'm a lover of strings I'm glad you're exposing them to other instruments as well. Just make sure they know that it would break their Aunt Kelli's heart if any of them switched to band instruments. :)