Tonight was our ward's trunk or treat party. Yes, it is what the world has finally come to.

Every year I resolve to decorate the van super cute like this one here. Every year I am way too lazy.


Janet would not allow me to take her picture.. so you will have to imagine her creative genius.. "just got dumped" costume of her in a bathrobe/pajamas with messed up hair, mascara streaked down her face from crying...tub of ice cream in one hand, torn up picture of the ex in the other. She looked great.
Anyhoo...
2. Candy Cigarettes- Don't judge me. When I was 5, smoking was like the coolest looking thing in the world to me. Sophistication in a box. Simple as that.


It is no longer safe to scoot the youngins out the door on Halloween to collect candy at every house within a 10 block radius of your home. So, we head to the church parking lot and trick or treat from car trunk to car trunk.
Every year I resolve to decorate the van super cute like this one here. Every year I am way too lazy.
The kids love this event. Somehow I can't help but feel like they miss out on so many of the "fun" things about trick or treating like"
1. Having your bag of candy stolen by a bunch of teenage boys
2. Being completely hosed with a fire extinguisher manned by a car of teenage boys.
3. Being scared and chased down the block by teenage boys dressed like warewolves.
Hmm.... come to think of it, I guess they don't have it so bad afterall.
Here's what the cuties looked like this year:


Janet would not allow me to take her picture.. so you will have to imagine her creative genius.. "just got dumped" costume of her in a bathrobe/pajamas with messed up hair, mascara streaked down her face from crying...tub of ice cream in one hand, torn up picture of the ex in the other. She looked great.Anyhoo...
While watching the kids dump their candy bags out at home to evaluate their "stash"after we got home.. I could not help but think about all the great Halloween candy when I was a kid.
Here's a few of my all time loves:
1. Chick O Sticks- don't know what they are made out of and don't care. It is the candy that keeps on giving. Im scraping it out of my teeth days later and lovin it.


3. Pop Rocks- Y'now that kid in the Life cereal commercials died from eating pop rocks and drinking soda at the same time. You can't buy great marketing like that! 
4. Peanut Butter Kisses. Not a single one of my sisters liked these things which meant.. I scored in the after trick or treat trading session. Oh yeah. Seriously... taffy, peanut butter...what's not to like?

5. Candy necklaces, rings, bracelets and lipstick. Girl Genius.

Hope your Halloween/Fall Celebrations are filled with great memories too!



5 comments:
I always wanted to like those peanut butter kisses because we got so dang many of them every year, but YUCK!
I think I'm the only one of my siblings that likes the peanut butter kisses too. I just passed some in the store last night and had to fight the urge to buy a whole bag just for me :)
Aahh, but you are mistaken. I also liked the peanut butter kisses, and probably still would, but I haven't had one for a long time. I love to see the girls in their costumes.
Joc looks way cute!!!! Seriously, those pb kisses are NASTY! yuck!!! Good thing you like em- We'll pass em your way! When I was younger Mom let me go to the short stop & I came back with candy cigarettes... she made me throw them away & I cried- how did you get passed her watching eye?
You have strange taste in halloween candy. I do have a vague memory of Wendi being punished for pretending to smoke out in front of the house. I think the difference was she was actually picking up cigarette butts not using the candy variety
Post a Comment