Yesterday I informed the two little ones that they would be spending the night at Aunt Nancie's house.
They immediately grabbed on to each other and did a little dance....
What is it about Aunt Nancie's house that is so fun? I asked. After all, it is a kid-free/toy free zone.
"Mom!" Jolie said, wide eyed,... " She has a GUEST room." "It's the GUESTIEST of rooms. It has a big bed and lots of fluffly pillows too."
Immediately, my mind went to my all time favorite childhood book: Anne of Green Gables

There's just one more thing, Marilla," said Anne, with the air of producing the last shot in her locker. "Mrs. Barry told Diana that we might sleep in the spare-room bed. Think of the honor of your little Anne being put in the spare-room bed."
Yes, think of the honor.... the excitement......the feeling of being just a little extra special because you have been invited to sleep in the guest room. The romance of being a little red-haired girl hasn't changed much over the past century, I guess.




6 comments:
everyone needs an Aunt Nancie to make them feel special!
I love this story... It is so fairy taleish... and don't we all deserve a fary tale.
And little Jolie~ she is simple marvelous!
The greatest part of this story is the rest of the story. All the girls got here and played around in the guest room--much to their delight-- and then took all of the pillows into the family room and proclaimed they wanted to sleep there.
that cracks me up!
I too love guest bed rooms thanks to my favorite child hood heroine, Anne. : )
How much fun can that be?? Sleep overs are always special with Nancie.
Post a Comment