
I am deeply in love with this invaluable treasure gifted to me with much love from my dear friend Judie. Published in 1883, the preface immediately grabbed me and pulled me in..
" We present the history of a lady who early joined the Church, and remained faithful through the various trials and hardships to which the early Saints were subjected. And now, when in the evening of life, her influence is still being felt for good in Zion. The history of such persons should be written that the young may be stimulated to emulate their noble examples.
That this little work may prove both entertaining and instructive to those into whose hands it may come is the earnest desire of
The Publisher"
My hands now hold the book... trembling, I open the cover and travel back in time and live vicariously through friends of the Prophet Joseph and eyewitnesses to the most exciting events of this dispensation.
Judie, thank you will never suffice. I will treasure your gift always.



4 comments:
Oh how cool! I hope I can see it when we're home!
That is awesome! I can't wait to hear about it!
Sounds awesome--is the Lydia Knight that we are related to?
Michelle, is that Joseph Knight's wife?
Post a Comment