Twelve random, yet important, things we learned on our trip to the Grand Canyon last week:
1. Before agreeing to share a hotel room with someone, you probably ought to ask if their snoring sounds like a trumpeting baby elephant

2. Four year old girls are still way too young to accompany a mom to the canyon who is literally immobilized with fear of falling into the world's largest hole in the ground. DO YOU SEE HOW CLOSE TO THE EDGE SHE IS ??????
3. "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga induces mad fits of dancing by everyone in the vehicle, literally causing said vehicle to bounce at 75 mph.
4. God is an amazing artist



5. More languages are spoken at the Grand Canyon than we knew existed on this planet.

6. Some kids hold a grudge.....others not so much.

7. There is actually an entire book written about how people have "offed" themselves at the canyon.... MORBID!!!!
8. Robins and Blue Jays are native to Arizona... who knew?
9. Ranger Jill is the happiest camper I have ever met. NO, Really.
10. People actually find it entertaining to strap 75lb. backpacks to their bodies and try to keep their balance while hiking down narrow pathways into a gaping 1 mile deep hole. Seriously.

11. Our darling nephew has learned that it only takes asking the same question 78 times to his mother before she finally gives in and lets him have his own way. Kids are so clever.

12. If the reason why you have never visited the canyon is because you are lazy and do not enjoy any amount of walking, you no longer have an excuse not to go. A free shuttle bus will transport you right to the canyon's edge in about 30 different locations. Picture this: board the bus, sit in an air-conditioned, comfortable seat, disembark bus at designated viewing point, ooh and aah for 5-10 minutes, board next shuttle bus and repeat process. The only thing that could have made it better was someone handing us an ice cream cone when we boarded the bus.

All in all we had a Fabulous time and amazing weather . This road trip gets an A!!!



7 comments:
I'm glad you all had a good time, just remember I was praying for Griffin not to push Jolie off the ledge all Wednesday and Thursday because I was not sure just what day you all went.!!
I sure wish I lived close enough to enjoy day trips with you guys!
Hey you must have been there at the same time as Marc and our boys. You will have to check out their pictures. It even makes me think of making the hike in. So beautiful. However your pictures from the top are beautiful too! It's amazing.
that picture of Jen, Grif & Jolie CRACKS me up!!!!!! I really wish I could've gone :(
Sounds fantastic. The first time we went it was in January and the whole thing was completely fogged in. We had to buy postcards to show the kids what it looked like. I didn't know about the shuttle bus.
P.S. Counting down the days till you join me in my little 40 club. Too bad I'll be out of town. We'll have to celebrate at some point!
I've never understood the 75 lb. backpack thing either, but I do love the view.
I am going to the grand canyon! i am so excited! you have no idea. i need to start getting in shape
love hanna
Post a Comment