
Despite my horrible nightmare last night about killer bees.... I headed out to the gardens ( both new and old) first thing this morning.
The new garden got staked and deep watered in preparation for Friday planting

After cleaning out my existing beds, turning over the soil and raking... Here is what I planted:
#1 Sweet onions and Garlic- if everything survives, I should end up with 24 onions and 18 bulbs of garlic. Anyone wanna kiss?
#2 Green bell peppers
#3 Tomatoes- only three plants for now... trying to decide if I will have room in the new garden for a few more plants of a different variety.
What is that grey stuff barely visible in some spots just under that lovely layer of mulch? Newspaper, of course. A good heavy layer around the plants will save me hours and hours of weeding and pulling devil grass out of my garden later on when it is hotter than you-know-what outside!!! Scoff if you must, but I will never garden without my precious newspaper.That is as far as I got today before the kids got home from school and the chaos began...
But not before I walked past these lovelies I planted back in October...


Little purple pansies touched with yellow gold, growing in the corner of the garden old.....



4 comments:
I hope you grow so much that you cant eat it all and you have to share! (with me).
I love your gardens. Good job!
Sighhhh, I'm so jealous of your gardening space and skills. Lately all I can talk about when I talk about our next house is the garden and flowers I'm going to plant...someday. P.S. I wouldn't mind if you planted too much zuccini (sp?) this year.
... your the meaning in my life.. your the inspiration!!!... I hope at least some of our little seedlings come through.. it's not looking as promising as I had hoped :(
Post a Comment