We recently met with our financial planner, after months of living in a state of denial regarding our retirement investments... this is pretty much what I feel like has been happening to that dream of early retirement

I know, I know... the market will recover. It always has. But the pain!
Here, my friends, is where we all get to exercise a tremendous amount of faith. Just for the record... I do not keep my money in the stock market because I expect for it to perform like it always has historically.. I keep it there because, I have the faith that if I am doing all I can to prepare for my future, the Lord will bless me. I may not be rich ( I have never wanted to be), but, I will be self sufficient.
Unfortunately, it looks like instead of cruisin the country, I will be (figuratively speaking) pinning on that Nursing cap for a few more years than I planned.

In the meantime, I am eternally greatful that I was born with the desire to be a nurse. It has afforded both my husband ( who also works in healthcare) and I to have more peace of mind in our turbulent economy. We are not immune to layoffs or job reduction, we understand. We merely recognize the hand of God in leading us to more stable occupations and hope that we can bless the lives of others as ours has been blessed.



3 comments:
Michelle,
You always show the positive in all things. Thanks I need to be a little more like you.
If I ever needed a nurse I would want it to be you! My new home is located in AJ! I am the exception to that rule! hahaaha
It is a scary economic world we're in right now... our greatest comfort comes from living the gospel and following the plan. Good for you!
Post a Comment