Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ooooh Spooooky!

I realize that Halloween is more than a month away. However, we have recently discovered some very strange phenomenon in our house that clearly can only be explained by extra terrestrial occurrences.

  • The day after doing ALL the laundry in the house ( including towels and sheets), I entered the laundry room to find piles of dirtly clothing
  • Ayala rule #1 NO EATING OR DRINKING IN LIVING ROOM- yet, mysteriously melted ice cream was found under the couch.
  • Early this week when doing the girls' hair before school, I could not find the red comb ANYWHERE! Yet, noone removed it from it's usual living space in the cabinet.
  • I opened the pantry cupboard door a few weeks ago and found the bag of potato chips I had just bought the day before completely empty- yet, not a single member of our family ate any of them.
  • Before school started, I bought each of the girls MANY pairs of new socks yet, each morning when getting ready for school they claim they do not have them anymore.

Perhaps we have a clothes wearing, ice cream eating, comb stealing, potato chip sneaking, sock obsessed monster in the house, I suggested.

"Mom!" , said Jennifer, " Everyone knows there is no such thing as monsters. But, fairies.. now THAT's another story."

5 comments:

Jen said...

Or maybe it's a ghost...SHOW YOURSELF!!!

Jo Dee said...

I think that ghost travels from house to house doing the same thing at each house. Remember that family circle cartoon that had the ghost named "not me"

Ryan Nelson Family said...

I think mom and dad's ghost just switched to your house. You'll know for sure if the lid to your washing machine keeps lifting by itself!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I swear I love reading your blog.. it always makes me laugh :)

kellibattraw said...

Thanks for the laughs Michelle! You crack me up!