Monday, September 29, 2008

Little Miss Muffett

So, last week Jolie and I got into the car to run an errand..while backing out of the driveway, I feel something on my foot- like air blowing on it. I look down and see nothing. Halfway down the street I feel it again, look down and see this enormous spider web starting at the drivers side door and encompassing both the brake and gas pedals.

Now, spider webs themselves do not worry me much. However, I could not stifle the tremendous fear spreading through me as I thought of the spider that had spun this web - the BIG question was WHERE WAS HE?????

So, YES... I did stop my car in the middle of the street, made a quick exit while removing my shoe and stooped down for a closer look. What do you know? That little guy was just hanging out above the brake pedal. Unfortunately for me, he saw me the same time I saw him and he took off into the inner workings of the car. Courage= driving around the rest of the day knowing that spider was just waiting for the perfect moment to climb up my leg.

Now, each time I enter the car I am treated to a new web ( different location every time) yet, no spider .... the terror continues.

Anyone know how long your average non- daddy longlegged spider lives? I'm hoping not long cause I'm not sure how much longer I can take the stress.

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

That is true bravery Michelle. : )

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

It makes me think of grandmas piano :) you got that one, right? This one will come too! I can't tell you how much I really love reading your blog Chelle... you always make me smile :)