Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am Now fully educated

I Just got back from BYU Education Week which was FABULOUS!!!!!! . Had an amazing time with 5 incredibly entertaining women whom, I apparantly did not know nearly as well I thought I did. We attended some LIFE CHANGING classes and enjoyed the GORGEOUS campus at BYU. The weather was quite nearly PERFECT .... all in all a BLISSFULLY REFRESHING trip that strengthened heart, mind and spirit. ( More details to follow).

I could not resist visiting a few cupcake stores in Utah to see what my world is going to be like when we open up our little store in less than 2 weeks. Here's our group's general consensus:
This place was close to BYU... Adorably decorated and had the most gracious and sweet young woman behind the counter. As much as we really really wanted to love these cupcakes... out of the 8 or so flavors we ordered, only one was a winner across the board. The cakebites were definitely better.



Next, we hopped into the van and headed to American Fork where we found the next two stores. The first was really an artisan bakery that also sold cupcakes, cookies and other treats.

Super creative name for the store... smelled like heaven inside and was also absolutely adorable.


We ordered cookies and cinnamon rolls- both a definite thumbs up. Yummy Yummy.

Lastly, my favorite store which I will give the honor of naming: Dippidy.

You couldn't help but be completely giddy in this place. Whimsical, fun, lighthearted atmosphere and by far the cutest of all the stores we visited. The displays were amazing..adorable accessories for sale... overall fabulous store.

Wish I could say the same about the cupcakes here. Only picked one winner here as well: the carrot cupcake was HEAVEN.


My recommendation: If you are in Utah... make the rounds. You are bound to find something you like... But if you are in Mesa, AZ: come see us at Sugar Mama's Sweets. You will not be disappointed.



1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

Now that's my kind of education. : ) Can't wait to see more about your trip.