Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mom

Top 10 Things I learned about being a mom from my own angel mother.....
10. It is not a crime to eat chocolate in bed
9. Friends may come and friends may go... but your sisters will be with you forever.
8. Popcorn makes a perfectly balanced Sunday meal
7. "I hope you have a kid just like you" is not a wish.. it is a special curse that only
mothers of teenage girls know how to perform
6. Studying the scriptures will make you smarter than studying ANYTHING else
5. Do whatever you do with confidence- most people mistake confidence for talent and will think you are amazing.
4. Your children will ruin anything nice you bring into the house... not to worry, you get revenge when the grandchildren come along.
3. Whatever you are passionate about... it is WORTH the fight!
2. Diet coke and warm cinnamon rolls ease just about any kind of pain
and.......
1. Motherhood is the scariest, most adventurous, rewarding, stressful, thought provoking, growth promoting, blissful, heart wrenching, charity producing, respected, and difficult job you will ever do. Do it right and you will come closer to God than you ever dreamed possible.
Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you and miss you a ton.
PS: You are probably wondering where your gift is..... May I introduce you to the "YUDU"
Courtesy of Wendi, Michelle, Jo, Nancie and Phil.
We knew you wouldn't want to cart it all over the country so... it is waiting for you in Arizona.
Can't wait to see all the adorable T-shirts you are going to make with this contraption.
LOVE YA!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Amen sister :)

Janet said...

You know just how to have me sit here and cry. I would never trade my life with all you kids. I hope I had something to do with how wonderful you have grown up to be, but know within my heart that Heavenly Father gave me the greatest gifts ever. YOU!! I love you more than you will ever know!!

kellibattraw said...

Too true- we have an amazing example for a mother. : )