
Mmmmmmmmmmm....... I love love love sugar cookies... But not just any sugar cookies. Just the ones made by my incredibly talented friend Jenny. All you sugar cookie connoisseurs out there know what I'm talkin about when I say not all sugar cookies are created equal.
Now, I consider myself a pretty good cook, I mean... cooking is all about reading and following directions. both of which I think I have a good handle on. However, the perfect sugar cookie has always eluded me. At our house, we just make the dough and don't even bother sticking it in the oven. Somehow, some horrific transformation takes place once it is baked.
This is where Jen comes to my rescue. The woman has a gift. Eating one of these cookies is truly a spiritual experience. Visions, angels singing, the whole bit.
In the event that I have you salivating, worked into a frenzy over tasting one of these little pieces of heaven, don't come crying to me..... we don't share these! But, if you are really nice I might give you Jen's phone number.



7 comments:
Those look VERY delicious. I love sugar cookies....well come to think of it I like any cookie. HA!
I agree, these are to die for! You are much nicer than me though, I would never share with my kids!!!
Your description is making my hungry! I too have never found the perfect sugar cookie recipe. What must I do to get it? (Is this your friend who is Becky R. 's sister?,) You're a lucky girl to have such a friend!
P.S. I loved reading your love story! Isn't it funny what makes us happy now? With that new oven, I'm sure you'll be creating lot of your own delicious creations:).
Happy V-Day!
Gail
This is Becky's sister. She is AMAZING!!! Call me and I can give you the recipe.
Chelle- I slaved away making sugar cookies yesterday. Somehow Jenny's are always better, but hey I think mine are pretty darn good too! : )
I'll take that phone number. I need a vision. I tripped a few hallucinations while Joslyn was babysitting the other day at my house after I took a double dose of Allergy meds... But I wouldn't consider them visions. However, and angel did stop by with the most amazing chocolate truffles that I have ever wrapped my mouth around. Honestly, I know they were from Heaven. ANd I dare say, that I will try those again one day when you are asigned the head chef over the dessert table at the feast in heaven. I thank you, dear friend... For being a domestic angel! YOU are A VISION! About sugar cookies... I agree... I consider myself well docorinated on sugar cookies worth eating. I'll be making friends with yours... hahaha...
You crack me up! Be careful...the cookies might start to get an ego!
Post a Comment