Thankfully, there are many women out there who enjoy their families of boys. I have sisters who are awesome at all things boy and I salute them. They tend to be a lot more laid back about all kinds of stuff.
Take for instance an experience I had just yesterday. My sister Julia's mother in law( whose family is all sons with one daughter) dropped by to pick something up for an upcoming wedding in their family. We each carried a large box to her car. After she placed her box in the back seat, she turned to help me. Instead of taking the box, she says, " OH!" very calmly, mind you, and leans over and blows on the box. Then makes a brushing motion with her hand- then, I saw something grey fall to the ground.
" it was just a wolf spider." she said.
JUST? JUST a wolf spider? Seriously... this thing was Big enough to be on display at the zoo.
"I didn't want to tell you what it was before I brushed it away" she said. " You probably would have dropped the box."
Dang right I woulda dropped the box. Dropped it and ran screaming like a 6 year old girl.
As it was, my heart rate did not drop to the normal range for about 30 minutes.
Thank God for all you boy moms who are used to taking things in stride and getting messy jobs done when needed. I, definitely would have been the lesser woman on the other side. If it was HER box that had the spider on it. I would have yelled " SPIDER!!!!!" , ran back inside and locked the door. Thanks Mom-in-law for saving me a few more years of therapy.




5 comments:
I'm not sure my boys would have reacted any different than you - much to Ryan's disappointment - I am however trying to be better at teaching them the art of being a boy but I have a feeling I'm not quite qualified.
EWWW..I feel like things are crawling on me now. I have all boys, BUT I will NEVER like spiders or snakes. I would dropped the box and ran too. Ewwww...creepy.
I'm still laughing at your post! God may send us what He knows we need, but I'm not sure He remembered that I'm not the rough and tough frog in the pocket type of gal either. : ) I think he actually sent us what He knew Aaron needed!
Sean laughed pretty good at that :)
You'd actually think that that my studly boys would be pretty brave but NO their prissy Mom is the one who has to hold that title in the Stevens houshold. Do we not remember who had to hit the mouse over the head with the broom while ALL my children where on the kitchen counters and their father was screaming " kill it Wendi kill it!"I will NEVER let them live it down as long as I live.
Wendi
Post a Comment