Monday, September 14, 2009

My day off

As a mom, it is a rare occasion that I am not doing SOMETHING for SOMEONE in my family... even when they are all at work and school I am still cleaning, cooking, organizing, shopping for, and planning for them.

Sooooo.... when our ward has our annual Father/daughter overnight, I dance a little jig, put EVERYTHING ELSE on the back burner and take the DAY OFF. ( Having all girls definitely has some perks!)

What did I do????

I started off by seeing this movie:

Which ranks right up there with the most heart wrenching stories I have ever seen on film. ( read: I bawled my eyes out... yes, audible sobs in the theatre and everything!)

PS- In case you have also seen the movie and are contemplating reading the book, consider yourself forewarned: Only read if you are very very fond of a certain four letter word that starts with the letter F.

Oh! PPS- if you haven't seen it yet and are planning to: please be aware that you will become far more acquainted with Eric Bana's naked butt than you ever wanted to be. And, after seeing Rachel McAdams naked back, you will immediately run out and eat something in her behalf.


Once I gained composure... I drove into Phoenix to my very very favorite culinary supply store in Arizona. Here is what it looks like inside.


No, I will not tell you it's name. Every time I have gone in the past, it has been very quiet inside and I can leisurly walk the aisles as long as my little heart desires.


That was not the case on Friday. I am a little bitter. Someone has been advertising my secret place. Whoever you are... I do not like you.


Nonetheless, I picked up the most adorable little treasures for candy making season. Yee HaW!


On my drive home, I treated myself to a yummy Vanilla Diet Coke at sonic. REally, there is truly nothing better.

Then, home to a very quiet, peaceful house for a small siesta before meeting two of my favorite people at this amazing dive in Chandler


I will only say this once: You have not lived until you have eaten at this awesome place. It is an amazing blend of Mexican/Chinese/Caribbean food. Huge portions tiny prices. LOVE IT!!!

Jen and Laurie... thanks for being great dates!!!

Then, back home for some much needed 8 full hours of blissful sleep.

I did not actually make it 24 hours work free.... Sat. morning I could not help myself. Grocery store, Laundry, baking, cooking, cleaning house... guess some habits are just a little too hard to break.

Glad the girls and their dad made it home safe and sound. A great time was had both at home and away.

3 comments:

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

I remember sobbing to some Amazing movies with you. I sure wish we lived closer. The movie marathon and pocorn sounds like fun.

Thanks for all the good times.

Love ya,

Marie

PBJ said...

I want some of your candy you make I've heard its to die for.

kellibattraw said...

What a fun day! I think in a couple of years I'll suggest that our ward to Father's and Sons outings. : )